Dining Room Manager at Scottsdale National Golf Club
Responsible for managing front of house staff and operations for the Mustang Grill. Ensure top quality standards are followed for seating and serving guests.
- Be an advocate and ambassador of service standards. Take corrective action as necessary to ensure that the highest service standards exceed member expectations.
- Exhibit a polished, hands-on, high-touch dining room presence. Conduct table visits and build rapport with members.
- Develop, motivate, discipline, coach, lead and supervise the front of house staff.
- Provide effective orientation and training of all new staff, develop a training program for the experienced staff to keep skills sharp and update new policies and practices, and encourage continued professional development for experienced staff.
- Interview, select and hire staff for front of house operations.
- Schedule all employees to maintain the service standards while operating within budgeted labor cost guidelines.
- Hold weekly meetings and shift meetings to communicate changes and share information.
- Handle member complaints and reports all complaints to the General Manager.
- Ensure that all safety, sanitation, and other standards are consistently met.
- Coordinate with Executive Chef in the planning and development of menus.
- Any other duties related as deemed appropriate by the Executive Chef and General Manager.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a concentration in culinary and/or hospitality
- Previous management experience in private club or fine dining establishments
- Must obtain any required local and state licenses or certifications
- A professional, polished, positive and flexible attitude
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment with changing and competing priorities
- Ability to motivate, develop and manage staff
- Must be computer literate. Must be able to perform math computations essential for budgeting and cost analysis purposes.
Job Status: Full Time