Human Resources Manager at Scottsdale National Golf Club
This position is responsible for managing the Human Resources function for Scottsdale National Golf Club. Scottsdale National Golf Club is a private, members-only club located in North Scottsdale. The ideal candidate will have a high-touch approach to providing quality HR service in a hospitality environment.
- Responsible for employee on-boarding: submit background checks and pre-employment drug tests, coordinate with managers to ensure proper on-boarding procedures, etc.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Perform employment verifications.
- Perform benefits administration: benefit enrollment, communicating benefit information to employees, claims resolution, approving and reconciling invoices for payment, and benefit termination.
- Prepare, review and process bi-weekly payroll via ADP Workforce Now.
- Perform full cycle recruiting for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers: write and place advertisements; screen and interview candidates; conduct reference checks; extend job offers; conduct new employee orientation; monitor career-path program and employee relationship counseling; conduct exit interviews.
- Verify and maintain I-9 documentation, audit I-9s annually.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
- Coordinate employee/management training (i.e. interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment, etc.).
- Identify and monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the Company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction; Responsible for employee engagement activities/events; measure employee morale, determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction, reduce employee turnover.
- Administer annual performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepare ad hoc reports from database for management.
- Document and investigate Workers’ Compensation claims for work-related injuries.
- Act as a liaison with corporate to assist in the implementation of personnel policies, procedures and any company-wide employee communications.
- Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Assist General Manager, department managers and corporate HR with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five years of progressive HR generalist experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Prior experience working in a hospitality environment is preferred
- Familiar with federal and state employment laws
- Positive, energetic and flexible attitude
- Professional and approachable demeanor
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities
- Exhibit excellent dependability and ability to maintain confidentiality
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Job Status: Full Time