Human Resources Manager
This position is responsible for managing the Human Resources function for Scottsdale National Golf Club. Scottsdale National Golf Club is a private, members-only club located in North Scottsdale. The ideal candidate will have a high-touch approach to providing quality HR service in a hospitality environment.
- Provide hands-on HR support to employees and managers with a “walk the halls” approach to establish strong relationships with employees.
- Perform full cycle recruiting for all exempt, nonexempt and seasonal workers. Write and place advertisements, source, interview and work with hiring managers on the selection process. Conduct reference checks and extend job offers, submit pre-employment background checks and drug testing.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to acclimate new employees into the environment and foster a positive attitude towards the goals of the Club.
- Assist managers with employee relations issues, provide advice and counsel to resolve in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Provide performance management guidance to include; coaching, counseling, disciplinary action and development.
- Provide senior leadership support in planning and implementing the organizational strategy.
- Identify training needs and develop action plans around employee development, schedule and coordinate onsite training sessions to complement the needs of the Club.
- Monitor employee morale and culture in support of the Club’s goals. Develop action plans and events/activities to promote employee engagement.
- Perform benefits administration: benefit enrollment, communicating benefit information to employees, claims resolution, approving and reconciling invoices for payment, and benefit termination.
- Maintain employee files in compliance, enter employee information accurately into ADP Workforce Now, maintain I-9 documentation.
- Administer annual performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the Club.
- Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management and assist with any special projects as needed.
- Document Workers’ Compensation claims for work-related injuries.
- Act as a liaison with corporate to assist in the implementation of personnel policies, procedures and any company-wide employee communications.
- Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five years of progressive HR generalist experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Prior experience working in a hospitality environment is preferred
- Familiar with federal and state employment laws
- Positive, energetic and flexible attitude
- Professional and approachable demeanor
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities
- Exhibit excellent dependability and ability to maintain confidentiality
Job Status: Full Time