Human Resources Manager
This position is responsible for managing the Human Resources function for Scottsdale National Golf Club. Scottsdale National Golf Club is a private, members-only club located in North Scottsdale. The ideal candidate will have a high-touch approach to providing quality HR service in a hospitality environment.
· Responsible for employee on-boarding: submit background checks and pre-employment drug tests, coordinate with managers to ensure proper on-boarding procedures, etc.
· Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
· Perform employment verifications.
· Perform benefits administration: benefit enrollment, communicating benefit information to employees, claims resolution, approving and reconciling invoices for payment, and benefit termination.
· Prepare, review and process bi-weekly payroll via ADP Workforce Now.
· Perform full cycle recruiting for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers: write and place advertisements; screen and interview candidates; conduct reference checks; extend job offers; conduct new employee orientation; monitor career-path program and employee relationship counseling; conduct exit interviews.
· Verify and maintain I-9 documentation, audit I-9s annually.
· Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
· Coordinate employee/management training (i.e. interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment, etc.).
· Identify and monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the Company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction; Responsible for employee engagement activities/events; measure employee morale, determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction, reduce employee turnover.
· Administer annual performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
· Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
· Prepare ad hoc reports from database for management.
· Document and investigate Workers’ Compensation claims for work-related injuries.
· Act as a liaison with corporate to assist in the implementation of personnel policies, procedures and any company-wide employee communications.
· Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment.
· Assist General Manager, department managers and corporate HR with various research projects and/or special projects.
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
· A minimum of five years of progressive HR generalist experience
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now
· Prior experience working in a hospitality environment is preferred
· Familiar with federal and state employment laws
· Positive, energetic and flexible attitude
· Professional and approachable demeanor
· Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work in an environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities
· Exhibit excellent dependability and ability to maintain confidentiality
Job Reference #: 1001